Saturday, October 30, 2010
Prevent Blood Clots: Thin Your Blood Naturally
Major health problem arise when your blood become thick. When your blood becomes dense or thick, its flow is not smooth in your blood vessels or arteries due to which your blood pressure rises and you suffer from hypertension, stroke and heart failure.
There are many medicines to thin the blood, you can also thin the blood naturally.
Here are some tips to thin the blood naturally.
* Garlic remains at the top when we talk about natural blood thinners. Garlic has numerous health benefits due to its antioxidant properties. It is rich in allicin, selenium and many other vitamins and minerals which are very good for your health.
* Fish oil & Flax seeds contain omega 3 fatty acid which are very good for blood thinning and proper brain functions. It also prevents you from different types of cancers. Omega 3 fatty acids are very effective in lowering bad cholesterol.
* Raw Ginger works better to thin the blood. Another spices cinnamon too is very helpful in thinning the blood. It also helps in many stomach disorders such as diarrhea.
* Onions are one of the best foods to thin blood. Just like garlic it prevents platelets to combine. Thus blood clotting is prevented. Eating raw onions works better.
* Exercise. Apart from the above mentioned foods, exercise is one of the best natural means to thin blood. Those who remain physically inactive, Vitamin K in their body increases which causes blood thickening & clotting. But when your body keeps moving, Vitamin K does not get chance to develop more than your body requires. Thus your blood remains thin. Therefore you must exercise regularly if you don’t want any health complications.
* Red wine has a greater ability than red grape juice to thin the blood due to the alcohol. Studies show that moderate drinkers have less heart disease than abstainers.
But, that fact comes with a trade-off. Drinkers have more bleeding type strokes that abstainers. So, that magic bullet just lost some of it's luster. But, drinking consists of beer, whiskey, and wine, so just stick with the wine. Red wine has antioxidants that neutralize free radicals. Red grapes contain chemicals that seem to relax and dilate blood vessels and reduce blood pressure.
Most diseases are not avoidable, but certain aspects of heart disease have factors that we can control. Proper diet and nutrition are things that we can completely control. When you choose to disregard your health, you choose to live with the consequences. And those consequences are very likely high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and high blood sugar. All of which can lead to very serious complications. Eat right, drink right, and enjoy the red wine.
Also read: Most Powerful Clot Busting Foods That Works Instantly For Heart